Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Breed of the Month

June's Breed of the Month is............(drumroll please)...........the cockapoo! The cockapoo is a mix between a Cocker Spaniel and a Poodle. These dogs are very playful, and don't require a lot of care except for frequent cleaning of their ears-long and floppy-or else they could get infected. These dogs are very intelligent, so they aren't difficult to train. They do well in most environments, but need to be kept busy.


Fun Facts about the Cockapoo:





  • There are 3 different types: Teacup Toy that has a height less than 10 in. and a weight under 6 lbs., the Toy with a height from 11-14 in, and a weight under 12 lbs, and the Standard whose height is over 15 in, and weight is over 12 lbs. Which cockapoo do you have?????



  • Cockapoos are great dogs to have if there are children living in the home too. They usually don't destroy things, but leaving them home alone too long can make them anxious, so crating is recommended if the dog will be left alone for over four hours.


  • "I really like my cockapoo, he's a little tough guy! He plays really well with my border collie too! He's bigger than most cockapoos, so he's an exception, but he still plays wonderfully with my friend's cockapoo that my border collie attacks!" -H. Murphy


Is the cockapoo the dog for you? Visit http://www.enzinearticles.com/ for more information.

PLEASE REMEMBER!!!: DOGS ARE LIVING THINGS!!! DO NOT PURCHASE A DOG WITH OUT FULLY RESEARCHING THE BREED AND IF IT IS RIGHT FOR YOU!

4 comments:

  1. this blog is ozziome!!!!! get it?? ozzi awesome?? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cockapoos are ADORABLE!!!
    I love this blog!
    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog! I have the Breed of the Month too! My cockapoo's name is Daisy and she's 7 months old! She's really playful, and the best dog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 this blog! :):):):):):):):):) Go Ozzie!

    ReplyDelete